Pages

Saturday 2 March 2013

Mean & Green Smoothie

I love green smoothies because they're simple to make and they give you a refreshed feeling!

I make green smoothies regularly, and I will be honest with you, there is no real secret to making them taste great. It's simply getting used to the taste of spinach. Once you're okay with the taste of spinach, you'll love every kind of greens smoothie out there. Most people don't like the majority of green smoothies because the taste of spinach or other greens are foreign to their taste buds. The moment you introduce the flavors from greens into your diet on a regular basis, you'll learn to crave them. I wake up some morning and DESPERATELY NEED vegetables! My body starts screaming for them!

However, if you haven't reached the point of craving vegetables in the morning, introducing greens into your diet in smoothies is an easy way.


Here's how I made this mean and green smoothie:

  • 2 handfuls of spinach
  • 2 tbsp of cinnamon (or more if you desire)
  • 1 tbsp of chia seeds
  • 1 tbsp of cacao nibs
  • 1 cup of water (maybe a little more if you'd like - I actually didn't measure mine haha but I am assuming it was 8 ounces)
  • Blend it together until smooth as can be
Enjoy and go for seconds if you'd like!

CB xo

No comments:

Post a Comment