Pages

Tuesday 5 March 2013

Intermittent Fasting WeeK 3 Update

WOW can't believe I am starting week 3. Okay wait, now let me not get too ahead of myself here. I haven't been 100% committed, I've had a few slips, and I've been adjusting a few things. What I can say though is, I am starting to find my balance. A true understanding as well as a new path for the future. I can't be perfect everyday, and some days I find myself only fasting for 12-13 hours and others 16-17. I believe now that as long as you have fasted for at least 12 hours, that's good enough. Some days if you want to fast for longer, that's okay too. But if your time schedule on the day only suits 12 hours, then so be it. In fact, I think the idea of mixing it up is even healthier then having a diligent schedule. Or so, that's just how I feel. What works for me so far is knowing I should fast for a period of time. Although, if some days I don't fast at all, due to certain events, then that's okay too. I am sure in ancient times when food wasn't available all the time, sometimes we ate all day and others we didn't. It varies on what's happening in your life. Also, as long as you eat REAL FOOD and not fake processed garbage, you will be fine.

So if it's okay to fast some days and then also okay to not fast on other days, what's the point of fasting at all? This may be a question going through your head and I would like to explain why I think it's good thing based on my experience so far, as well as the research I've done. The reason explaining why doing the intermittent fasting regularly a few times a week is something I'd recommend is because it's a real detox for your digestive system, meaning, a real relaxing - non stressful - peaceful time for your gut. It can take a break. It gets tired working 24/7. By doing this, you get to wake up in the morning with the feeling of a flat stomach, with no digestive or bloating issues, and you get to start fresh again. Additionally, in case you ever react to certain foods, you'll be more likely to find out what it is too, because you will have been able to start off on a clean slate.

This is what I have gathered from my intermittent fasting journey so far. I am having a much more positive experience then I ever thought. Not bad for week 3 eh? I think I will document my journey up until week 4-6 and if I continue to stick to it, or incorporate it into an often diet mix for myself, I will post on it occasionally.

That's all for now. Thanks for reading, and feel free to share!

CB xo




No comments:

Post a Comment