Pages

Monday 25 February 2013

Intermittent Fasting Week 2 - Beginning the week!

I've started my second week of intermittent fasting. Sunday/Monday was the first day. Monday was really a great day, didn't eat for 17 hours and I could have potentially waited a little bit longer, but I was in the grocery store and decided to snack on my food before getting to check out counter. Oops. That was at about /close to 1:00pm and had my last nibble at around 8/8:30pm.

This morning (Tuesday) was very stressful. I went into work early and I was so fast paced, I think I burnt myself out too much. Luckily I had one of those chocolate goji berry muffins I made the other night and snacked on that (it had been 2 hours since I awoke, and all that work felt like a work out, so I suppose it was well deserved LOL). The muffin was very high in protein, low in calories, and low in fat, so it probably didn't affect my fast too much. However, since I was just going through an overwhelming and emotional time at work (we were getting audited - only happens once per year), and it was about 12 hours since my last meal, I just decided to feast after the audit was over, and chill out. It's Tuesday afternoon now, and I am tired from the morning, my tummy is full, and I feel like taking the afternoon off. I think I will have a work out later in the evening because I would be happy to do it after my mind and body has had a chance to re-cooperate. I know now, that for the rest of the day and the rest of the week, I will be able to be super hardcore with my intermittent fasting and I will have a few solid training days in a row now.

Why do I care so much and why do I want to be hardcore this week? Simple. My partner is due to arrive back home (he was away visiting family for 3 months) in about 3 weeks time. Additionally, it will be our 3rd year anniversary, and his birthday. WOW! So I think that's more than a reason to want to feel and be my optimal best!

Thanks for reading, and I hope you're training and eating well.

CB xo

No comments:

Post a Comment