Pages

Tuesday 16 April 2013

Healthy Paleo Canadian Apple Crumble

As winter approaches, so does harvest season! Apples, pumpkins, and all the yummy warm stuff that
tastes great in the oven! Apple Crumble is one of my favorite recipes to have in the cold season and it has been my apple pie replacement since I have adapted a gluten free/grain free lifestyle. I still have grains on occasion, but I try to avoid it the majority of the time, and if I can make a recipe without using grains, like this type of Apple Crumble, then I will. A bonus side of not using grains to make the Apple Crumble is that the crumble is MUCH tastier and this has been tested on people who enjoy grains and other processed food deserts. Therefore, if a recipe can suit someone who isn't used to eating healthy, in addition to a health guru, then you know, it's a really good recipe!



 Ingredients & Measurement:
1 Kilo of apples sliced
(green is usually best for baking, but  if you don't have them, it's not the end of the world)
2 cups of almond flour
1/4 cup of butter
2 tbsp of Canadian Maple Syrup





No comments:

Post a Comment