Pages

Saturday 6 April 2013

Gluten Free Slim Plasta (Konjac Noodle) @ Gluten Free Expo Perth 2013

The first time I ever heard of Slim Pasta was when I went to the Gluten Free Expo 2013 in Perth. When I walked up to the Slim Pasta expo stand, I was skeptical. I wondered, what was inside these noodles to make the low carb and low in calories? It turns out they are made of this special vegetable from Japan, and by their noodles containing this vegetable, it makes it low in carbs and calories. It sure is a gluten free and health conscious, pasta lovers, dream! 
I would suggest for others to try out these noodles, however, please be aware that it does not offer the same chewy consistency as regular wheat pasta noodles, or other gluten free pasta noodles. My partner wasn't overly excited about these noodles, but I enjoyed them. 

Negative aspects of this product:
The packaging can be deceiving, for the noodles do contain corn and rice flour. The stand at the expo made a huge hype about the Asian vegetable it contains, hence the photo below, yet, the noodles don't contain as much of it as they make it seem to be. However, that is expected from big companies, they love to fool you with their advertising. 

Overall, it is worth giving this pasta a try, but I would recommend for it to be an occasional food item, not a staple. Fresh fruit, fresh vegetables, grass fed/organic meats, organic nuts, and organic seeds are far much more nutritious to your body and much more worth your hard earned dollar!

Happy eating,

CB xo

No comments:

Post a Comment